InclusiveVT: Committed to Ut Prosim (that I may serve) in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence.
As Vice President for Strategic Affairs and Vice Provost for Inclusion and Diversity, I am grateful for the amazing opportunity to work at Virginia Tech. I have found Tech to be a phenomenal institution, deeply committed to Ut Prosim (that I may serve) and committed to change, to sustainable transformation, and to actualizing its potential as a public land-grant institution. As a land grant, we have an obligation and responsibility to actualize the vision of providing access and education to our country’s most vulnerable populations, and to students with the potential and ability to transform the world through their talents, ideas, and voices.
We recognize that we cannot meet the mandate of preparing students for service without equipping them with the tools and strategies they will need to work, live, and learn In a diverse and complex world. Today’s world is a world of many ideas, thoughts, perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, philosophies, and beliefs. It is a world of individuals with multiple identities – race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity, language, and ability. It is a world where some are privileged to serve and others are in positions to be in need of service, services, assistance, and support. It is a world that needs courageous and compassionate leaders who are committed to Ut Prosim (that I may serve), in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. With InclusiveVT and the Principles of Community as our core values, Virginia Tech is preparing leaders for the world.
- Menah Pratt-Clarke, J.D., Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Affairs and Vice Provost for Inclusion and Diversity
- New Principles of Community Video!
- New Insight Into Diversity Article! - Click Here to View
- New DiversityEdu Online Module being introduced to new incoming students...click here for more
- Nominations for 2017 Virginia Tech's Presidential Principles of Community Awards are now being accepted. ... click here for more information
- Congrats to Dr. Bevlee Watford and Linda Greene on receiving the Presidential Principles of Community Award
- New InclusiveVT Project 2022 Alumni Initiative underway...click here for more
Martin Luther King Jr Week Celebrations Jan 17th - 20th
For a listing of events for each day please click here
2017 Advancing Diversity Workshop Jan 10th 2017
Click Here For More Information
Interested in donating?
Click the button below.